Monday 17 November 2008

Sabbatical

This period of enforced time off has been much easier to deal with if I consider it a sabbatical.

Wikipedia says....
"In the modern sense, one takes a sabbatical typically to merely take a break from work or to fulfill some goal, e.g., writing a book or traveling."

My goal was to gain the movement back in my hand. Initially it felt like I had no choice, I had to do this operation. I dislike the experience of an op intensely so I was pretty unhappy about this. However if I look on it as a choice then it becomes much less onerous.

This time off also provided a break, a stop. This gave me thinking time - this blog came out - and a chance to re-evaluate. It's made me change my musical practises, my musical practise. I have much more music in my head not just my hands now. It's the first time I've really felt positive about an operation recovery experience.

No comments: