Sunday 2 November 2008

Operation recovery

Part of why I started this blog is to distract myself while I get well after a recent hand op. One of my finger joints had ceased up so the docs did what they could to release it and the rest is down to me.

Recovery goes:
wound heals (done)
start working passive movement
active movement
control
strength
passive movt - I can move the stump with my left hand
active movt - my right hand can pull the stump in
control - fine movt achieved
strength - weights, lifting, carrying at odd angles

All while being as relaxed and getting as much sensory feed back as poss

There's still a fair way to go,b ut it gets easier to live with at each stage. I can't say that overall it's less painful yet but the feeling is still changing and as long as it does that's ok.

While music is stopped via my hands it's coming out all the place elsewhere... like a river at a dam. It's fascinating.

No comments: